Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

At Least I Got Free Cheese

Everyone seems so worried about this nonsensical creature Renard Breen. But being a half-faerie myself, I can’t say he’s been able to bother me overmuch.


The first thing he tried to do was steal a sandwich I’d left on the back porch. It was a particularly beautiful sandwich involving several slices of pickles, mayonnaise, swiss cheese, roast beef, alfalfa sprouts, and shredded carrots, all between two thick pieces of cinnamon raisin bread. I was looking forward to that sandwich and was about to enjoy the first bite when my mobile rang inside.


I left the sandwich by my chair and went to answer. No one was on the other end. When I came back, Danni's cat Lucy was there, hissing and spitting and pacing back and forth on the table in front of my sandwich as if it was her sworn duty to guard it.


She didn’t look all too pleased to see me either and promptly waddled off when I sat back down to enjoy the sandwich. I saw a very annoyed looking pair of eyes in the trees beyond the porch. Cats are marvelous deterants for any sort of fae creature, I’ve always found, though being part-fae means that they don’t like me either.


Later that afternoon not long before Danni got home from school, my phone rang again. This time, the voice on the other end informed me that I had received a package and it was waiting on the front porch. That didn’t make much sense since my home is in London, but a knock came at the door, so I went and opened it and there was, indeed, a large package.


I suppose I should’ve been suspicious, but I am a kind and trusting soul, so I dragged it inside. The alarms went off immediately.


Whoever this Breen fellow is, he had decided to smuggle himself inside, along with three firecrackers, a can of processed cheese, and a bottle of blue hair dye. For what purpose, I will never know because the faerie alarm system and two irate cats sent him flying back out the front door.


He left the can of cheese behind. I believe I have some crackers around here somewhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment