Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bigger Foxes Spoil More Than Just Vineyards

Hello again everyone- I think last time Uncle was on here boring everyone with science stuff- so I thought I'd just talk about how my day went today. Well you know, not like a diary- actually it was interesting- and exhausting.

Like I explained last time I posted, I'm basically a bounty hunter. Yesterday I was coming back from checking some traps I set for small game (with meager success- I think someone was messing with them- stupid jealous farmers), and I checked the bounty post and found this very badly drawn dragon-dog-weasel thing... which breathed fire. It caught my eye. I went and found the guy who put it up, and he told me about the monster-thing. Apparently it killed some chickens at first, then went on to goats, then sheep- and finally killed some poor farmer. I don't think anyone actually like him all that much- something about him trying to I felt bad about it- but not bad enough to do it for free.

I went out to the deeper woods- I found tracks, game trails, etc. etc.- looked big enough for something that fit the farmer's artist rendering- so I set snares, and anything else I could think of. None of them worked- this thing just wiggled out of everything, or bit through the lines- but I got a look at it, just as it slipped the last cable- long in the body, like on of those ermine from the north only about as big as a horse- with silver fur (looked like I could get a good price for it) and more canine in features- and it disappeared after giving me what could have only been its equivalent of a gloating smirk. Uncle says its a Fox-Serpent- a big one. The're corruptions of Wind and Darkness, and smart- anyway, no luck today, I'll have to try again for it tomorrow- probably have to break out the spidersilk cable (sticks like crazy, AND it holds a good two tons of weight). We'll see if I do any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment