Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Flight

I have obtained permission from the great and mighty god-king Abin-Thul to travel far and wide. I will travel to the north first, through the lands of the Saru. Such a strange people, I think that this journey will be most healthy after... ...after recent events. I must find my way free of this, and I think to do so that I must leave my people behind. I will return, eventually...but first I must...I...I must learn, learn of other peoples, other ways. I know that it was necessary, that it should not have been in the first. I know that it was my fault, I cannot blame Abin-Thul or the priests for their commands.

However I fear that I must come to terms with this away from the others, away from...all this...my home. Perhaps when I return my life will be clear, my purpose understood...perhaps when I return I will be whole.

But then what is wholeness? Can I truly be whole? What does it matter, these are not questions I wish to ask. I leave tomorrow, one of the priests in Guangai has met a hunter of the Saru who sometimes comes into the city to trade. He has promised to introduce me to this hunter, then I will begin my journeys among them. I think that I will do all I can to learn the tongue of the Saru from this hunter, I do not even yet know his name. I am sure that Shin Pin will inform me of it when I meet him. I leave in the morning to begin my wanderings...I wonder what will come of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment