Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Monday, October 4, 2010

"Rocky" the Flying Squirrel

Meg dozed off a short time ago, and when she did she set her computer on a table near the bed. Luckily for me, the instant she turned her back, it disappeared, as things are wont to do around here. I found it inside one of the kitchen cabinets. Mrs. Davidson will take it back to her in the morning. In the meantime, I have a chance to continue my research into your world and its cultures.

Continuing along my previous line of inquiry, I have recently decided to examine the “squirrel” aspect of Meg’s “squabbit” label for me. I am not much better impressed by it than I had been by that “Bugs Bunny” thing I talked about in my last communication.

From my diligent searches, I have discovered a flying creature named “Rocky” that is apparently at least somewhat squirrelish in nature. Here is at least one documented sighting. Once again, I am not amused. This…thing…has two huge and completely useless teeth. In fact, it appears not to be a squirrel at all but rather a flying beaver. How he can fly, given that he has no visible means of propulsion is beyond even my own reckoning. If he is that advanced, one would think he would have better sense than to associate himself with a moose of so little brain or—if the video linked above is to be believed—the moon men at all. I cannot imagine any self respecting intelligent creature allowing itself to be drawn from a hat! At least his tail is respectable.

Where I am perhaps truly out of sorts is explaining how this squirrel thing relates to your flag-clad boxer--Balboa, I think his name is. At least the boxer looks rugged enough to have earned the appellation. Humph.

Carry on!

Reep

2 comments:

  1. Dear me. I feel that someone ought to tell you, fuzzy one, that not everything you see on the internet is real. The internet lies. On purpose.

    Yes, we live in terrible times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appalled by the lack of clothing worn by men in this country you are currently visiting. Don't they feel ashamed (or cold) to go about without even a shirt or tunic?

    We have creatures here in Glemaria similar to these squirrel creatures; that is, similar to the first one. The one with alarmingly large teeth looks a bit like an afanc. Are they harvested for their meat, do you know?

    ReplyDelete