Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Exploding Mushrooms?

So...I ate a mushroom today.

Then the house across the field from me exploded and set the entire village on fire. I didn't do it this time I promise...at least I don't think I did. I mean the mushroom did give me kind of a weird feeling. Olef told me not to eat it, something about mushrooms being poisonous and only certain ones you should eat...I wasn't really listening.

Anyway, so the house exploded and, of course, the villagers blamed me. I didn't do anything, it just exploded, really. But I guess I kind of have a reputation or something. Anyway, they all blamed me, said that I cast a spell on it, which is NOT true, and the guy that lived there even said that I told him I was going to blow up his house if he didn't give me all his corn, which is completely not true. I don't even like corn.

The villagers were all up in arms, literally, swords and pitchforks galore. Even having Olef there didn't calm them down and a giant Ogre usually does that pretty well. They were all 'Kill the goblin' when they should have been 'Put out the fire!'...humans don't make any sense...whatever.

I had to set two of them on fire and turn a third into a goat before they decided to leave me alone. I think it was the goat that did it, turning someone into a furry animal really gets peoples attention.

Anyway, that was my adventure for the afternoon. I still have no idea why they blamed me for the house exploding because, as you can all see, I obviously had nothing to do with it. Olef says they had good reasons, something about mushrooms again, I don't know what his fixation with the stupid mushroom is, it was just a mushroom.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, what is it with villagers and pitchforks? Thinking back, I don't recall them carrying pitchforks as a general rule, you know, just in case someone irritated them by humming too loudly or something totally dangerous like that (talking to a horse, for instance - so dangerous!).

    But somehow, as soon as you do something slightly disturbing that upsets the delicate balance of Happy-Villager-ness, the pitchforks are THERE! And, of course, moments later, they're all soaring through the air on wings of totally unreasonable vengeance...

    By the way, I sneezed once and lit a wagon on fire... so I'm thinking the mushroom thing might be something to look into. Weird things do happen.

    ReplyDelete