Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Something That Irritates Me

I see that Isaac has posted about how much he hates vampires over at the "Blog of Eeevil" or whatever they're calling it. It seems that evil has a lot of free time, if it can maintain a blog. I suppose that's a good thing.

So I thought that I'd take this opportunity to explain something that I hate- sorcerers like Isaac. Sorcerers, in this world anyway, are people who use magic for darker purposes than most wizards. They specialize in summoning demons, sacrificing to dark powers, and creating spells and potions using arcane equipment and hard-to-find ingredients. Anyone can become a sorcerer, even with very little natural ability. They gain most of their power from the dark rituals they perform, not through any inborn talent. Most sorcerers are driven by their need for power, combined with extreme amounts of arrogance. They all want to be the best, the strongest, the Ruler of the World, ect. (Isaac is an aberration. He seems to be motivated by the need for causing trouble.)

So, why isn't the world ruled by a sorcerer, if that is the ultimate goal of most of them? Because of the arrogance. Eventually, all of them make a mistake. They summon a demon too strong for them. They are taken over by one of the powers they sacrifice to. They make the tiniest error in a potion. They are murdered by a jealous rival. In thousands of years, (or so I've been told by the Fae), not one sorcerer has lived to take over even a continent. And their life expectancies are often very short.

1 comment:

  1. I think maybe you're stereotyping here. I mean, by this definition I would classify as a sorcerer, which I am most certainly not...piddly little know nothings.

    ReplyDelete