Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

“Bugs” Bunny?

I had the rare privilege of watching some of what I believe your kind calls “Youtube” today over Meg’s shoulder, and when she left to go help the Davidsons with some task, I decided that I might avail myself of the opportunity to do a little research on your world. I wanted to try and understand what Meg meant when she called me a “squabbit.” I now almost prefer that I had not.

Evidently, to her eyes I resemble a mix of two kinds of earth creatures: a “rabbit” and a “squirrel”. Personally, I do not see the connection at all. My kind is something else entirely. Beyond and above. That sort of thing.

According to my research, the best known of these “rabbit” things is something called “Bugs Bunny.” Having observed several of documented sightings of this creature, I suppose that its unique physiology makes it somehow superior to other “rabbits”—it can walk upright, speak the common language, and I have to admit that I am a bit jealous of those thumbs. Beyond that, it makes no sense! Its voice is annoying and it cannot decide whether it is male or female. It lives in a hole in the ground that should flood with every rain, and collapse if anything of sizable weight passed over. How does it fit all of that furniture into that tiny little hole? Perhaps I’m underestimating it, but I doubt it’s clever enough to know how to tesser space. Even I’m not very good at that. And why “Bugs”? I fail to see what insects have to do with any of this nonsense…unless perhaps he’s really part of an insectoid species infiltrating your society in disguise. I don’t suppose that’s impossible.

Bah! My ears are MUCH more impressive.

Carry on!
Reep

1 comment:

  1. What an appallingly frightening rabbit! It does eat only plants, I hope?

    ReplyDelete