Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Friday, September 10, 2010

By fortuitous chance of experimentation and glorious science, I bid you greetings!

Fellow sojourners of space and time, I give you my great thanks for the opportunity to test the bounds of knowledge and great minds on this endeavor. I am Igmar Gamelson, honored first born of the great scholar Gamel Igorson, co-founder of the High University of Elemental Theory of Einstarn, and his father who was some sort of brutish warlor, as I recall from father's stories. I come to you from the world of Rune-Midgard, the land of men blessed by the Order of Elements, and the gods which rule them, and us, with varying degrees of success.

I myself hold office in that university, a highly awarded and regarded scholar in the field of Elemental Science, which is, incidentally, how I discovered this peculiar device- You see, I was performing a rather dangerous crossing of the elements of Reality and Order, fluctuating Chaos to catalyze a ujhbjbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbncdfeljmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm /………….

I’m terribly sorry, that would be Vera, my dear pet- She is a rabbit, you see- a blue one. Quite rare, and curious- I would correct that mistake, but I have yet been unable to discover a method-

In any case, I accidentally generated this strange device- and with several modifications managed to connect to its source material plane, and so found this strange system of information, mostly rubbish, and stumbled upon this meeting ground of what I can only assume must be great minds of science to have found their way here as well. I have not been in kinship with other like minds for over two decades, you see- I traveled out of the blessed city to the rural home of my youngest sister, Liv, on the news that she was with child… only to find that she had died during childbirth, and that there was no one to care for her son, Andreas. The father left only an heirloom, and I have not any details to his identity.

I raised young Andreas as I would my own son, in the stead of my dear sister, teaching him in the ways of science and Elemental Theory as is the tradition of young scholars of the great university. Andreas is a bright young man, although not comfortable in society (not a problem for which I am capable of any worthwhile advice, the poor lad), and a bit of a woodsman- But he has a knack for applying his studies to his trade as a hunter and trapper, and brings me many interesting specimens of elemental corruption for study, like my Vera here.

Well, that’s quite enough for a first entry, I think- I am eager to know your thoughts, travelers.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...so you have a blue rabbit you say? Is she sentient? Even better, is she cute? Do you have any pictures, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings to you, Igmar
    This is all very strange. I thought the worlds were well...I don't know. The Woods between the worlds seemed so simple before, as in it only took you from the land of the living and the dead to the worlds of the immortals. And yet you are from another world that is not like any world I have even begun to consider. I wonder how you get there? I guess I'll have to ask Grimm. Just out of curiosity, since my godfather is Death and all, what are your Death rites or whatever like. Does White come to your world too, or is there some other immortal who does that? Sorry I am asking so many questions. I do that, I think Violet is rubbing off on me.
    Also...to correct mistakes like the one that Vera made, use the Delete button or the backspace function on the keyboard, then again that is assuming you have a keyboard. Anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reep- My, what a fascinating specimen you are- having read your post, I must say I am quite impressed. Indeed, the many worlds beyond the Nine hold truly remarkable beings. I am afraid little Vera would be quite dull company for such an intelligent creature, for her only unique trait is the strange blue coloring of her fur due to excess exposure to elements of Darkness and Water. I may include a sketch of my darling pet in the future, if I can decipher this confounded interface more expertly.

    Beatrix- I am ignorant of the mechanics of this connection between worlds (My discovery simply being an accidental product of an unrelated experiment) and only know of the Nine Worlds of my own realm. I shall expound on these later, but as for the existence of a harbinger deity of Death itself, that would be the Cursed Daughter Hel, who resides over the world of Niflheim. I do not believe there is a correlation between herself and your Mr. White, but you would likely have to ask him yourself.

    ReplyDelete