Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

What Is This All About?

What in the world!

I sitting here, minding my own business, and some guy up and pops into the tavern where I'm waiting for new recruits, and he's wearing really weird clothes, and shoves a brush into my hand.

"Write a brief biography" he says, "we're going to put it on the web!"

What in the world is 'the web', from the way he said it I'm going to assume it doesn't have anything to do with spiders. But then, hey, its not like I've got anything else to do till some recruits start showing up so here goes nothing...yeah, nothing.

My name is Yosu Seshui, Yosu is the family name Seshui is the personal name, this guy didn't sound like he knew that. I grew up in the Yosu family of the Kari clan, which probably means nothing to any of you but hey...I don't really care I don't have a clue who you are anyway. I'm a sorcerer, used to work for the Toshi clan then I met Hisoka and, well, my life took a turn for the bizarre.

See, we were both drunk, which I never do I swear, but we were...it was a hard day, and I kind of convinced her to buy this boat with a trunkload of stolen gold. I didn't know it was stolen at the time, that came up later. Anyway the boat was a piece of crap and it took three months just to get the thing sea-worthy and find a crew and by then, well, the money was gone. Hisoka always wanted to be a pirate, that's half of what the Same clan does anyway, so...we decided to start pirating.
We did that for about three years, just kind of floated around wherever the wind took us and ransacked whoever we came across...except for the Neshelim. Yeah, we tried that once, chased down a Neshelim ship right out of the port, we had to replace most of our crew, we didn't do it again.

We were actually getting pretty good at the whole pirate thing when we chased down this one Merin ship and whoop, up comes a giant sea-demon, eats the ship crew and all. Hisoka, Saba, and I were the only one's that made it out alive, as far as I know anyway. Then there was that whole thing with this insane Merin priest, seriously nuts, and another demon and, well, suffice it to say that by the time we made it back to land no-one wanted to step foot on a boat again for a while.

So, now we're trying this whole mercenary thing, Hisoka's idea...I love the woman but she runs me ragged. I guess there's a war brewing between the Anteisei and the Meiyo, big surprise there, so we should have enough work...if we can find some soldiers, otherwise its gonna be the three of us on our lonesomes...lonesome...whatever. So, uh, hey there's a guy coming up to my table, looks like an Okami...this should be interesting. The guy who asked for this said something about questions so...I don't know how that's going to work but I guess I'll get them if you ask them.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit to being curious how exactly you run across so many demons?
    They're not exactly the most common creatures to encounter in this world. Though I thoroughly the pants pissing reaction to meeting them that you seem to have adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day Grimm brought the computer to the House of the Dead. It was amazing there are these games you can play and then there are things you can buy but Grimm says that UPS doesn't ship to the House so I couldn't get my dolls that I wanted. He was very mean about it. But the next time he went out haunting he got me a very nice porcelain doll from China. She has a very pretty red dress. Sometimes he is very nice...

    ReplyDelete