Disclaimer

Posts or comments made by the characters on this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions of Lantern Hollow Press or its authors, and may directly contradict all decorum and good sense.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello, My Name Is Nathaniel... Again

Ever since Isaac dragged me onto this site, I’ve been trying to figure it out. This is certainly a very interesting collection of beings. It figures that Isaac would find the oddest blog on the internet.


So, hello. I’m Nat. I won’t bother introducing myself again, since Isaac has already done such a …stellar… job. Right now, I’m trying to clean my Glock, while my little sister is drawing on my feet. I tell myself, it could be worse. She could be drawing on the wall. Or the table. Or my face. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. She really is a good kid, just hyper. And with an overactive imagination. So now, I have the honor of walking around on feet decorated with cows. At least I think they’re cows…. Oh, whoops. She says they’re horses. My bad.


My job is similar to yours, Andreas- I specialize in security. Although, it’s mostly against normal human criminals, not otherworld beasts. That seems to be changing recently, though. After I started taking jobs from the Fae.


Liam- I can’t imagine a world in which the Fae are restricted to the otherworld. I suppose it’s good for me that they aren't in mine. The Courts pay well, and I certainly need the money.

5 comments:

  1. Nat, your little sister sounds like fun. I have never thought about drawing on feet before. Nora always yells at me for drawing on the walls, but you don't seem to mind feet maybe Nora won't either. I haven't tried drawing horses yet. I prefer to make fish and flowers and fairies and insects and flowers and frogs. I love frogs...Does your sister like frogs. Maybe Mr. White will let her come and visit. Do you think you'd let her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sister sounds like a very enjoyable little girl Nat. I never got to spend much time with my siblings, I was always to dedicated to my practice. I kind of wish I had spent more time with them now, I hear that my younger brother is making his way up through the ranks of what little soldiery the Yosu family has. I think my sister is married now, but I don't know to whom. I left home before either of them were old enough to join the affairs of adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sister sounds like fun. I never had any siblings, hey I bet I could teach her magic, just let her stay over in my world for a coupla years and I'll have her slinging spells like a pro. I could use an apprentice anyway, Olef is a great servant, but he's too big to really do the cleaning very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathaniel, would that the fae in my world/Otherworld could cross at will (and the humans as well, I suppose) because that would solve problems for a lot of people - and put my sister and brother-in-law out of jobs, so I suppose I'd better not say these things too loudly - but you have to understand that magic is not like a tool or a weapon here, to be used for good or ill at the discretion of its user. When a faerie comes to the human world, his magic is more like a toxin or a biochemical weapon. It does harm no matter what the intent behind it. Likewise with the non-magic aura of humans in the Otherworld.

    Hence, people like Amanda and Geoff gallivanting about catching any faeries who think it would be a splendid adventure to cause accidental global catastrophes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet- Well, Madge doesn't really have many people her own age to play with... how much do you like pirates?
    Seshui- Yes, siblings are free entertainment.
    Crugg- I think not. She's plenty of trouble now without you teaching her more.
    Liam- That sounds like a lot of trouble. Here, though, people who don't like the fae don't capture them, they kill them on sight.

    ReplyDelete